Time: 20-30 Minutes Makes: 16 Cookies
3/4 C. Maple Syrup (I use Grade B)
3 Tbsp Coconut Oil
1 Tbsp Butter
3 Cups of Almond Flour or Coconut Flour
[*Note: For the Coconut Flour, I actually make my own by toasting Bob’s Red Mill Coconut Chips]
1 Egg Yolk
1 Tsp Ground Ginger
1 Tsp Ground Cinnamon
1/2 Tsp Allspice
1 Tsp Baking Soda
3 Tbsp Melted Butter
1-2 Tbsp Maple Syrup
1 Tsp Vanilla (optional)
1. Preheat Oven to 350 degrees.
2. Place Maple Syrup in a saucepan and set on Medium-High Heat, and bring to a light boil.
3. If you are doing the Homemade Coconut Chip Method for your flour, then head to that recipe and begin.
4. Blend your Toasted Coconut Chips to Almonds down into flour (if needed).
5. Add the flour into a large bowl.
6. Once the Syrup has come to a boil (and is still hot), add to the flour and stir instantly.
7. Add the melted Butter and Coconut Oil to the flour next, stir instantly.
8. Add your Egg and Egg Yolk and mix well.
9. Add your Baking Soda, Ginger, Cinnamon, and AllSpice and stir.
10. Once the batter is mixed well, place bowl into the fridge for 20 minutes.
11. Once chilled, spread batter onto parchment paper, cut your cookie shapes and place onto a tray that has another piece of parchment paper.
12. Once ready, place into oven for 12-15 minutes.
13. Let the cookies cool, decorate and enjoy!
1. Melt Butter in a small saucepan.
2. Add Maple Syrup and whisk thoroughly.
3. Once mixed well, place in the freezer for 10 minutes.
4. Remove and stir, if not thickening then place back into freezer for 3-5 more minutes.
5. Remove and stir, once it’s thick place (but still able to stir) in the fridge.
6. Before you are ready to decorate, pull out the frosting 10-15 minutes so it’s not too thick to decorate with.